Trainings & Consultation Services
Californians for Justice has over 20 years of experience in creating positive changes in schools and communities through community organizing strategies that empower stakeholders to work together to drive and sustain change.
Through our training and consultation services we aim to partner with equity-driven leaders who want to create lasting changes at the district, school, classroom or city level.
Californians for Justice is a leader in the state on school climate, social emotional learning, racial equity and bias, youth voice and community engagement in budgeting and Local Control and Accountability Plans. Our staff trainers have more than a decade of experience facilitating engaging workshops and professional learning opportunities and bring direct experience engaging youth and community members to engage in change efforts. Many of our trainings are co-led by youth leaders which creates a unique and powerful experience for participants.
Our most popular training and consultation services include the following topics:
- Relationship Centered Schools
- Youth Engagement for Change
- Unconscious Bias
- Understanding Racial Equity
- Community Engagement in Budget Decisions
Contact Najla Gomez, Capacity Building Manager, for more information about partnering with us.
Partners that we have provided training and consultation to include:
- California Collaborative for Educational Excellence
- California Teachers Association
- Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation
- Fresno Unified School District
- Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo High School
- Oakland Education Association
- Oakland Unified School District
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles Young Civic Leaders Program
- YES Nature to Neighborhoods
- Sacramento City Unified School District
- William C. Overfelt High School
- Youth Organize! California Network