Statewide Campaigns Manager (Flexible Location: San Jose, Oakland, Fresno, or Long Beach)
The Statewide Campaigns will work with the Statewide Strategy Director & Organizing Director to develop and implement civic engagement and other statewide campaign strategies.
The Manager reports to the San Jose Organizing Director and works closely with the Statewide Strategy Director, Civic Engagement Fellow, and CFJ regional organizers. The position is full-time and exempt. In all duties and responsibilities, this position exercises discretion and independent judgment.
Civic Engagement and Statewide Campaigns (65%)
- Work with the Civic Engagement Strategy team to develop and test a year-round integrated voter engagement strategy that includes long and short term electoral plans and field goals.
- Implement yearly and bi-yearly civic engagement field campaigns including hiring of phone bank teams, managing the civic engagement team of regional organizers, digital impact strategies, volunteer recruitment, etc..
- Coordinate with regional staff and allies to plan, implement and evaluate electoral goals and strategies; including phone banks, canvases, mobilizations, and candidates forums.
- Manage civic engagement budget.
- Alumni Base – Holder Build & Sustain Alumni Base.
- Produce post-campaign reports tracking outcomes, alliance developments, and political impacts.
- Work with the Senior Operation Director to ensure CFJ is meeting all legal reporting and tracking for lobbying and advocacy activities.
- Support statewide policy and advocacy campaigns.
- Manage special project work as needed to meet statewide goals and objectives.
Supervision Responsibilities (10%)
- Supervise and support Civic Engagement fellow to reach departmental and organization-wide goals.
- Work with Digital Organizing Strategist to set, align and execute a digital engagement strategy to grow online audiences (17-24 and 25-35 year olds) through email list growth and social media platforms.
- Create a monthly newsletter on civic engagement and electoral work.
- Support communications and digital events, creation of materials, creation and updates of trackers and spreadsheets, etc..
- Participate in communications team strategy sessions and retreats.
Organization-wide responsibilities (5%)
- Participate in all grassroots fundraising campaigns and maintain a portfolio of individual and organizational prospects for solicitation.
- Rotating meeting facilitation and note-taking.
- Plan and facilitate trainings to support capacity building, political education, and campaign implementation amongst staff and leaders for civic engagement campaigns
- Provide support and participation for organization-wide and regional campaigns and events.
- Participate in cross-department committees and teams.
- Provide administrative support to the People & Operations and the Finance team to support hiring, onboarding, offboarding, payroll tracking, and more for seasonal phone bankers and justice fellows.
- Other duties as needed.
- Minimum of three years experience in grassroots organizing, communications, and civic engagement work. Preferably related to racial and education justice issues, and youth organizing
- Digital Organizing Experience: experience building, growing an online base and mobilizing key audiences into action
- Proven commitment to and knowledge of issues relating to racial, education, and economic justice
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; adept at managing competing priorities and deadlines, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including editing
- Strong training and facilitation skills with diverse stakeholder audiences
- Ability to problem solve and initiate solutions
- Willingness to travel frequently and as needed to support local regions and statewide work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, web browsers, and database development
The position will be located in one of CFJ’s four regional offices in Fresno, Long Beach, Oakland, or San Jose.
- Able to work on a computer, including sitting at a desk, for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Manual dexterity to operate a keyboard.
- Able to see or read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids
- Able to speak clearly and in audible tones on the phone and in person and be understood by others.
- Able to hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to occasionally lift objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
$58,240-$68,000, depending on experience and qualifications as determined by CFJ’s salary scale. CFJ provides a generous benefits package, including fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) for employees working at least half-time and their dependents. We also offer substantial vacation days and time off.
How to Apply:
Send a brief writing sample (preferably a blog post), your resume, a cover letter demonstrating your interest and qualifications, and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Manager – Your Name.”
CFJ is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. People of color, women, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender/gender nonconforming, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.