While the violence experienced by children, families and young people at the California border may have slipped from the news cycle, it’s important to remember that our government continues to attack and vilify this community.
The violence these asylum seekers are fleeing from is directly linked to U.S. intervention in Central America, and yet our immigration system continues to marginalize and reduce them. Seeing such footage last week was overwhelming for many, and it’s hard to see how we as individuals can make a difference against such state-sanctioned atrocities. But there is always a way to stand up for communities in need, and Californians for Justice is happy to share these important resources for how you can get involved in your community.
Donations In Long Beach
- Donations for Herbal Aid Outreach
- Hood Herbalism Medicine Donation
- Donations Drive For Refugee Mamas y Bebes
Events In Oakland
- Al Otro Lado Legal Observer Emergency Border Response
- Donation for LGBTQ folks at the border
- People’s Assembly for Migrant Caravan Solidarity
- Volunteer/Support Refugees at the Border
Events In San Jose
Events In Fresno
- Nov. 30th Ya Basta! Community Rally Against Violence
- December Town Hall on Violence Against Asylum Seekers — TBA